Friday, September 2, 2011

Classroom Jobs Linky Party

I'm back! What a great first two weeks. Looping with my class has been an awesome experience...so far! It's nice not having to explain everything, we just get right down to business. Like classroom jobs; they already know the jobs and how they're to be done. But that doesn't mean there's not room for improvement. Check out the classroom jobs ideas at Mrs. Dillard's 1st Grade Linky Party. I love her management chart and all the jobs! Lots of other great posts too.
I don't have a job for every student but I do have a boy and girl of each of the following: line leaders (girls lead to / boys lead back); door holders; paper passers; messengers; and helpers. This means about half of the class has jobs one week and the others are "off". I use a small pocket chart with each child's name on a small sentence strip and use clothes pins with the names of the jobs on them. I just move the clips down one spot each Friday. Simple and effective :)
How do you set up classroom jobs in your classroom?

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog. Its informative as well as interesting also. I am also doing in the same manner. I divided class in to groups and then assign the job to the kids. Some help the others, some are doing work and some observe the thing.
    electronic signature

    ReplyDelete